Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Wireless Network XP no internet?

So I have a Toshiba A135-S4656 and it comes with windows vista home basic. Like most people I decided I dont like vista so I installed windows XP. I got all the drivers for the sound and network adapters and everything because those of you who have done it lnow that the sound card wont be recognized and the network adapters arent also. So I got the drivers and installed everything then I tryed to connect to my wirless network. It says it is connected and the signal strenght is excellent and everything but when I try to acess the internet IE says that it cant connect. I ran a diagnostic and it says unplug and check the cables then plug back in after 3 min. so I did and then it reconnected but still no internet. I am using a RCA (also known as Thompson) DCM305 cable modem and a Actiontec 54 mbps wireless dls gatway connected by a ethernet cord. This network worked on my vista connection so I dont know why it is not working now. Any help please!!!

Wireless Network XP no internet?
you cant use a cable modem and a dsl gateway together. I dont care if you think it worked on vista or not, its impossible.





You need to connect a wireless router to your cable modem and the internet will then work.


No comments:

Post a Comment