Wednesday, July 14, 2010

WPA wireless network sometimes works great, sometimes doesn't work at all?

Is this the price i pay for security? Ever since i added the password for my network, it connects fine sometimes, sometimes it stops at "aquiring network address" and i have limited access. I took off MAC address filtering and that didn't stop it. I am right beside the router half of the time. I know the password and everything is correct because it connects fine sometimes. When i directly hook up to the router (via ethernet) both wireless and local networks are then connected fine. I have Win XP and the network is my preferred network and it is set to automatic. I'm not sure where the conflict is between the router and my computer, but it is getting on my nerves!

WPA wireless network sometimes works great, sometimes doesn't work at all?
ive worked for linksys before and ive dealt with this....i dont want to complicate my answer...thing is wpa security sometimes has problems....we always advice clients to use wep, where u have 10alpha numeric digit as your password...its less complicated but still secured....why wont u try that and see...
Reply:UNCHECK THE"AUTOMATICALLY DETECT SETTINGS"BOX AND TRY TO CONNECT AGAIN.


No comments:

Post a Comment