Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Network key keeps defaulting to original setting?

I have a laptop that just won't change the NETWORK KEY. My pc my other laptop changes but the third laptop computer refuses to change. I have unistalled the network card and USB wireless driver put in the changed network key and soon as i hit ok it defaults back to the old default. I have even selected manual install but still goes back to it's old ways. What is going on there must be something i am missing ?Is there an alternative to changing my router security? Can i use zone alarm to prevent people piggy backing onto my cable? I am using XP OS

Network key keeps defaulting to original setting?
If it's defaulting back to the old network key, I'm assuming you are unable to connect to your network and have access to Internet, shared files, etc. Take a look at your IP settings (run 'cmd' and type 'ipconfig' at the prompt). Are you getting an IP address from your router? If so, the wireless is connecting, but the security is faulty. It may be a case of needing a new driver for the wireless device. If you are not getting an IP address, the wireless itself may be faulty. If possible, swap the devices between the two laptops.


No comments:

Post a Comment