Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Network diagnostic issues?

When I ran my network diagnostic, it show that the ip address failed, has anybody know of a resolution to this problem. I have internet working, but when am trying to use windows media to shop for music it gives me page saying that it cannot to the interney and that I need to check for network settings, but my internet works fine. So I tried the network diagnosic and it gives me a failed ip address, can anybody help?

Network diagnostic issues?
You may need to release and renew your IP address. Here's a link to instructions for Windows XP:





http://compnetworking.about.com/cs/windo...





And here's a link to instructions for 98/ME:





http://compnetworking.about.com/cs/win9x...





Before you try this, though, I strongly suggest you power down your PC, your cable/DSL modem and your wireless router. Leave them off for a minimum of 20 seconds and then power up the modem; followed by the router. Once the connection to the Internet has stabilized; power up your PC. This generally works for me and I hope it works for you, as well.
Reply:With all the gift cards given at Christmas, music sales sites have been getting hammered and can't keep up with all of the traffic. Just wait it out or try very late at night, especially if most sites on the internet are working fine for you.


No comments:

Post a Comment