Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Network a Canon Pixma MP530 on a home wireless network without direct PC connection?

Everyone knows this printer is too good to be just sold off as a trade-in for another multi-function network ready printer, never mind even Canon MX700.


However since the printer does not have networking feature, one option is to spend almost the same amount of money (or may be a little more) to get a costly print server like Canon-Silex C-6700WG or C-6200U. I am sure there would be an alternative such that I can at least use fax and print from remote. Scan and copy is not needed for remote anyway.


Any bright ideas?

Network a Canon Pixma MP530 on a home wireless network without direct PC connection?
Try using a print server, there are many different ones, you just have to check which ones are compatible.





Have a nice day, Jamie.
Reply:I strongly can recommend SILEX C-6200U Print server. For my Canon Pixma MP220 I connected the Silex with my WLAN Router and installed the software (a bit tricky but okay). Now I can print and Scan wirless from my notebook. Report It



No comments:

Post a Comment