Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Wirless network security hacking?

Hi there





I'm a newbie to networking and I do apologise if I've posted in the wrong part of the forum.





What I'd like to do ethically is hack into the wirless network in the hotel where I work, obviously to see wether or not the network is secure





The hotel has just had a pay to surf wireless network put in so guests can access the net with their wirless enabled laptops etc.





Please can anyone show me how to do this and what software I'd need. I'll be using a latop with Windows XP installed.





Any help would be greatly appreciated.





Thank You

Wirless network security hacking?
Chances are that the Wireless Network itself is either unencrypted or broadcasts the encryption key, so you don't need to hack the network, per se, what you need to try to do is to hack the firewall controlling Internet Access from the wireless network. The first step to doing that would be to determine what kind of firewall it is, and then seeing if there are any known hacks for it. If done properly, firewalls like this are usually fairly bullet-proof (as far as preventing unauthorized Internet access), and hacking is made more difficult by the fact that very few firewalls are the same, and there is no way of knowing if or what hacking will effect the firewall.
Reply:IF your genuine then well your a rare breed. I would not like to detail information here as it could help you cause mischief or others. I'm not saying you would I'm just covering all angles here. Also think about what your company would do to you if they caught you. Most likely sack you or prison possibly. If they don't know this is what your up to you could be in a lot of trouble.


No comments:

Post a Comment