Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Desktop + Laptop Network working, internet not really. Why?

Hi,


I've just set up a network between my home desktop computer and my laptop using the Mircosoft network wizard (both computer's have built in network cards). The network setup worked fine, amd able to see files on both computers, can hook up to the internet through both computers (ADSL) (actual connection resides on the desktop, but is shared with the laptop).


Here's the problem, when I hook up to the internet from either the desktop or the laptop, both computers show that there is a connection, but when I try and open Firefox / IE / etc on the laptop, it says there is no connection. How do I make the laptop programs accept that there really is an internet connection. (BTW, in the Networks folder of the laptop, I can see the icon for the desktop's internet connection).


Cheers, Chris

Desktop + Laptop Network working, internet not really. Why?
Your Internets Browser IP


Is not set correctly


they wont connect


i use 12 PCs at home they had the same problem





I dont know how to do it in Firefox


but in Internet Explorer go to Tools


Internet options then connections


then down the bottom of that page UL find the connection stuff
Reply:Your IP address is different i guess.. I had the same problem..





Go to your internet connection, right click and hit properties.. select internet protocol (TCP/IP), click properties.





A window will pop-up. Select Obtain an IP address automatically and in the alternate configuration, choose Auto too





then enjoy your surfing on the internet with both computers

teething

No comments:

Post a Comment