Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Can't access Network Printer on Windows XP Home Edition?

I'm having problem in a small office network, with only two computers. Computer A and Computer B both have Windows XP Home Edition installed, and Computer A is the one sharing a Printer on the network.





There is no problem printing files from Computer B until today. I have tried printing notepad files as well, but it doesn't work.


The steps I've taken so far:





1) I'm able to print documents directly from Computer A, so the printer is not the problem.





1) Under "Network Places", I'm able to see Computer B from Computer A, proving that there is nothing wrong with the Network connection. The odd part is when I go to Network Places" from Computer B, I can't see Computer A.





3) Both computers are not connected to the Internet.The checkbox under "Internet Connection Firewall" is unchecked as well.





5) When I type \\ComputerB under "run" from Computer A, I'm able to connect to B, but when I type \\ComputerA from Computer B, the network path cannot be found.





Any solutions, people?

Can't access Network Printer on Windows XP Home Edition?
This is probably too obvious and I'm sure you've considered it, but are both computers running the same firewall? I had similar issues between my laptop and desktop (location of my printer). I had (for various reasons) differing firewalls on each. When I resolved that issue, my print sharing problems were resolved as well.





Hope it helps!


No comments:

Post a Comment