Wednesday, July 14, 2010

School network for opening day?

I need to make a school network.I have 14 PC using wireless NIC. 2 star topology(each has 3 PCs).What security I need?Should I give them IP addresses?and how to give them IP?What is the use of local IP address?What is 10BAseT?WHich cable I need to use in it?How to do security testing?What is Network protocol analyzer?What is Special network requirements,e.g. SMS, Telnet, remote IP camera(What are their use?How to do Network setup and connection?Please help me to compare the use of UTP cable and Wireless LAN.What is system acceptance checklists?How to do wireless signal strength testing? I am so sorry that I have so many questions need to ask.Please help me.It is very urgent.


I need a very long paragraph.Please send me a e-mail to answewr my question.Thank you so much.


Here is my e-mail : april_tai91@yahoo.com.hk


Thank you !!!

School network for opening day?
Well, I'll try to help you on this one here, so anyone can read this , if they too need help. Well, If you need a heavy-duty router, used for WIRELESS COMPUTERS, then I recommend a D-link router. You may also use a Linksys, its your choice. (linksys has a configuration page so you can mange the IP addresses of the different computers.) Now once you have a WIRELESS ROUTER, you can use that for the wireless PC's and for the wired PC's. You can also use a network switch if you want to buy only one router. Dont be too savvy on routers, buy at least 2.





The Security you need, is just a basic Anti-Virus. If you want to see what people are doing on the computer, then I recommend that you use an internet Cafe Program. I recommend MyCupCafe premium. It works well.





If you want to connect the pc to the router, you will need an ethernet cable. Just insert the ethernet cable into one of the router slots.





To connect to the internet, just insert the ethernet cable into the Cable/Dsl modem, then insert the other end of the ethernet cable into your router under the "INTERNET port"





If you have another router, just insert one of the ethernet cables into your router, then insert the other end in the INTERNET Port.





Telnet is a network protocol that you can use in your LAN (Local Area Network or your school's network). You can use that to change passwords of different computers, or to FTP them (File Transfer Protocol). FTP is a way to transfer files from one PC to another. Wireless signal ,.. hmm.. you dont have to test for it. Just open it up, by going to START%26gt; MY NETWORK PLACES%26gt;THEN CLICK VIEW NETWORK CONNECTIONS (on the left side). Then double-click on the wireless network, and there should be a new window that would pop-up. There, it will display the strength of the network.





You can administer an IP address manually, or it can be done automatically.





For example, if it is automatic, and you use a linksys router, the first PC connected would be 192.168.0.0 (something like that, should be close to it at least.) then it would be 192.168.1.101 for the 2nd PC 192.168.1.102 for the 3rd, and so on.





Well, hopefully I had helped you in some kind. =).





Good luck, really. =).


Happy New Year's Day!.





just e-mail me on halo56111@yahoo.com or add me on ym:


halo56111





if you still need help.





Good luck again! =).

root canal

No comments:

Post a Comment