Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Why does my network always fail?

I have my two computers connected together with a network. I use the one mainly as storage for all my movies, music %26amp; TV shows. I use the other one as my main computer. If I set up a playlist that is rather long, say like an entire seasons worth of one of the shows I have stored, It will play them fine for a while, but then out of nowhere, media player stops playback %26amp; gives me some kind of error saying it cannot play/find the file %26amp; if its stored on another computer, then to check your network. I know my network "works" technically, cause I use it constantly. But when I set up a monster playlist it always fails after a while. I've checked all the power options to make sure neither of the computers shut off anything (monitor, hard disk, network card etc.)


But I still don't know whats doing it. At first I thought it was because one of my computers was shutting of power to my network adapter. I made sure that wasn't it, but theres still the problem. I've got a Linksys Wireless WRT54G.

Why does my network always fail?
The PC stores media files have to always be turn on ( not stand by, but on). You should change the settings for automatic stand by, automatic turn off hard disk. Because these functions will stop transferring data from storage PC to the receiver PC.


No comments:

Post a Comment