Sunday, August 22, 2010

Wireless Network queries???

Hi, I want to set up a wireless network to use with my already established wired ethernet network. I only really want to buy a wireless access point but am not sure about the difference between G and M and all the other jargon. I understand G runs at 54MBps and M runs at 108MBps but due to the price difference I am sort of leaning towards G. I only really want to browse the internet on my wireless devices (laptop and psp) as well as print documents on another computers printer and occasionally transfer files (no online gaming or anything). Seeing as an ethernet network runs at 100MBps would wireless G network speeds be good for my usage? As far as range goes I live in a small two story townhouse measuring roughly 15m in length and 8m in width on both floors, if I have the access point positioned in the middle of the upper floor will I have good reception throughout the house?





Thank you in advance for your help.

Wireless Network queries???
Your idea of location is good. Currently M routers are built to an incomplete standard, as nobody wants to commit to final specifications. I would go for the G for now,by the time you might want to use a finalised standard N machine, these will be much cheaper. I am still using all G type routers and access points with no trouble, even on large networks.

root canal

No comments:

Post a Comment