Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Network setup problems (XP)?

I have two computers that both go through the same router to my modem. Both computers can access the internet.





Now, I want to set a network up so both computers can access each other, so I do the network wizard on my laptop. It goes smoothly.





I then do the exact same thing to my other computer and when I finished it asked me to resart. Once I rebooted my computer, I saw no trace of the network I just set up. Also, if I click 'workgroup computers' the computer just beeps and it won't even open the window. I've tried countless times with the firewall on and off, but I can't seem to get it working. Please help...

Network setup problems (XP)?
have you enabled "File and Print SHaring" on BOTH machines


Have you then SHARED drives on each so there is something SHARED for the other PC to see ?





Without doing these 2 steps the PCs will remain INVISIBLE as XP will only see "shared resources"


No comments:

Post a Comment