Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Network problem? please help.. urgent.?

I just installed a new version of windows xp onto my computer, and with it came more problems that only windows is famous for.


I called HP the makers of the computer, and they told me to run some tests and turned out that the network card works fine. So they told me to call my ISP, so I did. And I called them and they said that nothing is wrong with the service but he didn't really seem to know what what going on.





My network card works fine.


My internet connection works fine.


My router works fine.





So then what is it? I cannot connect to the internet..





When I go into the Network connections window all I see is


"!394 Net Adapter", and it's installed fine.





I'd be really greatful if someone could tell me whats going on..








Thanks..


Chris.

Network problem? please help.. urgent.?
it seems that your TCP/IP protocol is not installed under my network places you should have a "Local Area Connetion" icon
Reply:Your prroblem wouild be 1394 is your firewire not your network(its just assuring you its connected) . use xp's network setup and select the correct device.








Hope it helps


No comments:

Post a Comment