Thursday, August 19, 2010

Network emergency!!!?

I have a huge problem with my network, my friend tried to set up a VPN from mine to the VPN he already had, but for some reason, it changed on of the IP addresses incorrectly and now it can show in windows XP that i have my 100mbs connection, but nothing will actually connect, ive done everything i know of that would help. i've changed my network settings back to default on my connection(nForce 4 network controller and 1934 connector) then i reset my pc, i also reset my router and modem(im on a cable internet connection) it still comes up and takes alot longer than normal to "find I.P. address" when loading and still comes up as 100mbs connection everything is "running normally", when i unplug it, it shows up and reads the disconnection then plug it back in and "100mbs cable connected" can someone please tell me how to get the internet!?!?!? im desperate (plus im going to smash my friends face in =P lol) if ur wondering, im online @ my school right now. thanx!

Network emergency!!!?
try this


click start-right click on network places (if you dont see it go into my computer then on the left side youll see other places right click network places there) choose properties-right click local area connection-choose properties-hightlight tcp/ip by clicking it 1 time-choose properties-make sure obtain IP address and DNS info are set to automatic-then hit ok


next


click start


run


type cmd


hit enter


type ipconfig /flushdns


hit enter


type ipconfig /registerdns


hit enter


type ipconfig /release


hit enter


type ipconfig /renew


hit enter


hope that helped


good luck
Reply:It sounds like the modem or router that your computer is connected to is not configured correctly, you may have to reset this device. Research the brand and find instructions on how to reset the router (turning it on and off will not reset it to factory defaults). It will most likely require holding down a small button for a period of time while rebooting it.








Good luck!


No comments:

Post a Comment