Thursday, August 19, 2010

Network I.M.?

I have 2 windows xp computers and 2 vista computers hooked up to a network. They can all see each (networked in the mshome), so there is no problem there. What I want to have a program that will allow me to talk to whoever is on the computer once it is turned on and is on the network. In other words, I want a message to pop saying “x-computer” is now online and I can click on it and send them a message and they can reply and so on and so forth. I know I can use a messenger like yahoo or msn or aim but I don’t want to because I don’t want to have to be singing in and out as new people use the computer. Does anyone know any software that will allow me to do that on all 4 pcs. I really do not want to have to do some cheesy cmd talk.

Network I.M.?
If you can program, create one yourself, as I do not think there is anything out there. It would be simple to make in C++.


No comments:

Post a Comment