Thursday, August 19, 2010

Network cable unplugged but it really isn't? Can't acess files on other computer in network.?

I am using the second computer on my home network (not the one with the primary internet connection). We use a wireless router and the internet access works fine. However, I'm trying to share music files. I've set my music folder up on the primary computer as a drive just fine, however when I try to do the same on my computer it won't access the primary computer. Does this have anything to do with the cable unplugged issue? How can I access the files on the primary computer through a home network?

Network cable unplugged but it really isn't? Can't acess files on other computer in network.?
first check the connection if the primary computer really connected to the home network. what you do is open the primary computer then go to your computer then open command prompt type ipconfig.. you should get the informaton about your ip adress.. go back to the primary computer then open command prompt type ping (your computer's ip adress) you should get a reply if yo are connected.. if not "request timed out" appears, the networking of the primary computer is different to your home network thats why they cant communicate to each other. Just post another if you get a reply then i try my best to answer..:-D
Reply:Make sure the folder on the main computer is shared, and make sure that you have a userid on the main computer to match the userid on your other computer.





See: http://compnetworking.about.com/od/homen...


No comments:

Post a Comment