Thursday, August 19, 2010

Network monitoring and limiting?

Hello


I have D-Link DIR-655 Xtreme N Gigabit Router at home and there are multiple people connected to it wired and wirelessly. My ISP gives me a bandwidth limit. some people on the network abuse the system, as a result, my ISP terminated my internet access.


Is there a software that I can buy that lets me monitor the network and see what they are viewing and downloading. I would also want the software to set a limit on each PC as to how much bandwidth limit allowed.





btw, i'm the network admin.





thank you for any help





regards

Network monitoring and limiting?
Here is some relatively inexpensive software to do what you need


http://bandwidthcontroller.com/index.htm...





There are others all depends on the systems OS, etc you need to control.


No comments:

Post a Comment