Sunday, August 22, 2010

How do I network a vista pc to a windows xp computer?

I have tryed to install the drivers for a printer on my vista pc and the printer wouldnt work on network share. so i put it on my other pc but it has windows xp and it is on a network but i cant see my vista pc on the network and i try to set up a network on vista, but im not running on a wireless network. I have done netowking for pc's for many years but this vista thing im a baby on knowing how to use it it is much diffrent then xp by a long show and would like to know if any oine would help me out. but remember im not on wireless it is all wired. i have bolth pc's on a router

How do I network a vista pc to a windows xp computer?
Maybe this tutorial will help you:


http://www.windvis.com/how-to-create-a-n...





You may also want to read the article bellow if you are not able to see or access your windows xp machine on your network:


http://support.microsoft.com/kb/922120
Reply:In the Network and Sharing Center of Vista, you need to set the network type as "Home" or "Work" by clicking the "Customize" link located to the right of your network. These are considered private and will enable network discovery, file and print sharing, and will still keep the firewall on. (assuming you turn it back on).


No comments:

Post a Comment