Sunday, August 22, 2010

Network connection problem in Windows XP?

Home network connection was working fine till I updated my Windows XP. I'm not sure which updates were added, but after the updates were installed my network connection stopped working. Whenever I give 'ipconfig' command, i get "Cannot open HrIsIpStateCheckingEnabled and active connection on netshell.dll". I deleted two updates and now I can access the network and the command 'route print' works but 'ipconfig' still doesn't. Though the connection works now, I believe my system is still unstable. Anyone can give me a clear idea on how to solve it? Thx!

Network connection problem in Windows XP?
1) Backup all your data





2) Do a fresh, complete re-install of the operating system.





There are other ways to troubleshoot it but they do not have a 100% success rate, and your system networking stack is corrupted.


Backup/reinstall is the the most sure-fire fix.





Make sure to install all updates and do all the tiresome reboots before you install any of your programs.





You likely had a malware (bad, evil software that could even steal your bank passwords) infection on your machine, so you should reformat it anyways.
Reply:RE install Sp2


No comments:

Post a Comment