Thursday, August 19, 2010

Why does my USB Network Adapter not pick up my non-encrypted network?

I don't want to get emotional on you but I'm close to tears with this :D.





Right, now that's out of the way: My wireless netowork has been running fine until recently. I find it hard to explain succinctly - and I don't think the details are important - but my computer had a fit recently.





I found I had to reinstall the Belkin software for my Wireless Network Adapter and this brought back zero config to the system tray, which I had lost.





Now previously the network was encrypted but just to make life easier for now, I went to 192.168.2.1 to configure the router and set 'allowed client type' to disabled. BUT the other PC I want to include in the network (the one with the USB adapter thingy) does not pick up this network! Its not an issue of distance from the router or anything like that because the network was running absolutely fine before.





I've spent hours and hours trying to solve this over the last couple days. I have a feeling there is a simple solution.





Sorry to warble.

Why does my USB Network Adapter not pick up my non-encrypted network?
You misht double check all the firewall settings on the PPC. Perhaps turn them off.


No comments:

Post a Comment