Thursday, August 19, 2010

Network requiring user name and password?

I just purchased a new computer and would like to share files/printers on my home network. I did the Network Wizard on both computers.


On the gateway computer I have access to all files.


On the wireless I show the network name, however I am being asked for a user name and password.


I don't recall setting up a password. If I did, how do I find out what it is?





also... I'm using Vista on gateway computer and XP on wireless.


Thanks

Network requiring user name and password?
It may be asking the account name and password of the Vista computer. When the screen popup enter (User) administrator Password {whatever the Vista password is}
Reply:Acklan is right, it is asking you for the user-name and password you use to login to the Vista computer.


No comments:

Post a Comment