Saturday, November 19, 2011

Windows XP and multi network cards?

I have 3 network cards installed on an XP machine. I assigned 3 different IP addresses to each of them. I can ping through 3 different ip addresses from other machines within the intranet. But I can't ping out from this XP machine to any of our LAN computers. When I unplugged 2 of the network cables ( only one network card is hooked up with the network ), everything goes normal. So I'm pretty sure there is something I missed about the multi network card config. Can anybody help? Thanks in advance.

Windows XP and multi network cards?
What is it you are trying to accomlish? You would also have to tweak the computer routing tables to tell it which subnet routes out which NIC. If you are trying to do some form of bundling to increase your network performance you are going to need some third party software
Reply:Yes , check that the class of the IP on the three cards are not the same, then check the one you are connecting to the LAN Network


No comments:

Post a Comment