Saturday, November 19, 2011

How do I connect 2 separate wireless network "cards" to 2 different wireless networks?

I have read somewhere on here that you can have 2 separate networks with 2 separate wireless network cards. But it still doesn't work. The network "dies" when both are enabled, but if I disable 1, then the other one works. Why? they're 2 different networks %26amp; "cards" (I say 'cards' because, 1 is a card %26amp; the other is a usb adapter) I need to find out how to configure the network if thats what's needed. BTW, I have access to only ONE of the routers (network only), but not the router with the internet. The reason for this is my actual card has a bad antenea, but will connect with the router right next to it (Network only). The USB is brand new %26amp; connects to the router with the internet.





Thanx

How do I connect 2 separate wireless network "cards" to 2 different wireless networks?
Here's the way I do it. Your mileage may vary.





I have "my wireless router" (D-Link DIR-655) on top of my computer. I plug that directly into my desktop's onboard gigabit Ethernet adapter and using Ethernet to one of the Gigabit ports of that wireless router. The WAN socket of "my wireless router" is connected to the DSL network bridge (DSL modem) via Ethernet also.





I also have a D-Link PCI wireless "draft n" adapter in this system. I have that connected via wireless signal to a seperate wireless router to keep our "internal only" wireless network more secure. That's the network we have the machines on that don't require Internet access, and the 2 wireless printers.





You should have one of the wireless adapters connect to wireless router A and the other wireless adapter connect to wireless router B. If that doesn't work, move your wireless router next to your Computer and see if it works when you plug an Ethernet cable from your computer to the router into it.
Reply:Trying to connect to 2 routers always causes problems as they give conflicting information to the machine. If you have no authority from the owner of the router you have no access to you should be aware that this is illegal and can carry a prison sentence.


No comments:

Post a Comment