Saturday, November 19, 2011

Need to get wired-network driver for linux working... Please help...?

How can I get wired network access on my hp pavilion a6152n in linux. It doesn't detect that I have a adaptor


Tried with Foresight Linux and Ubuntu but it shows my network as disabled and the only available selection is modem. Not interested in alternate versions of linux, I would like to get it working with one of these flavors.





The network works fine with the pre-installed OS of sucky Vista, this is a brand new computer I purchased so everything is working no hardware issues. Looking at the hardware details in linux, it is detecting an HP network device but does not display it as an available choice under network, only dial up settings are displayed to select from. I'm guessing this must be some propritary device that is currently unknown to linux, but is there anyway to make it work?

Need to get wired-network driver for linux working... Please help...?
Need the driver that is compatible with the network card. Is this a dual boot system? HP the proprietary people,....hmmmm, download CPU-Z from CPUID.com. Let's see if it'll tell us the maker of the card,(bet it ain't HP!)

dds

No comments:

Post a Comment