Saturday, November 19, 2011

Windows Vista Network Adapter Problem?

My family bought a laptop last July. It worked, except when it went on screensaver or we closed the laptop it would make the adapter switch go on 'off' and disconnect from the internet, which was really annoying. Now even when we move the switch to "On," the light stays red (It's usually green when the switch is on and red when it's off) and refuses to connect to the internet. Now, I'm not exactly sure if it's a driver problem or if the actual network adapter switch is messed up, so I was wondering if someone could tell me which Network adapter driver I should switch to or what I should do. It can't be a modem problem since my other 2 laptops can connect. My parents lost the installation cds by the way.


Network Adapter Driver:


NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller


Provider: NVIDIA corporation


File Version: 6.02.00.126





Windows Vista Home Premium


Model: HP Pavilion dv9000


Processor: AMD Turion(tm) 64X2 Mobile Technology TL-64 2.20 GHz


Memory (RAM): 1982MB


System type: 32-bit Operating Sys

Windows Vista Network Adapter Problem?
I experience the same thing, so normally what I do:


1. Unplug %26amp; plug in the wireless router power adapter (may work and may not work)


2. Restart the laptop (always work, wireless connection will appear and auto connect)


3. Open my virtual PC (wireless connection will not switch off)


I don't know how to fix this thing automatically
Reply:idk maybe u should change the power plan setting to maximum performance if this worked i'll tell you the way to enable this in the powerplan u want


because the laptop can turn off the wireless network to "conserve" energy


No comments:

Post a Comment